Kim has been working with Non-profit groups in Alberta for over 20 years as a volunteer, staff, board member, and facilitator. She has experience in facilitation, training, program development, event coordination, and supporting relationships to build community. She is a Competent Toast Master and a Leadership Calgary 2004 graduate, but her best education has been from her children and their questions. Since 1998 her family has been building their home and community in the foothills west of Cochrane, Alberta. In addition to her work as a citizen, Kim has been a Community Development Officer with Alberta Culture and Tourism for over 7 years.
About the Community Development Unit
The Community Development Unit offers facilitation training workshops to help non-profit and public staff and volunteers learn how to lead meetings and groups in a facilitative way. Topics covered include:
- strategic planning
- board development, roles and responsibilities
- planning and conducting effective meetings
- team enhancement and development
- building leadership capabilities throughout your organization
- creating plans for fund development and marketing
- consultations with the public and stakeholders
- identifying, developing and enhancing partnerships, collaborative relationships and assets within your organization and community
- Company:Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism & Status of Women
- Short Bio:Community Development Officer
- November 2, 2019, 12:45 Board Leadership Calgary 2019 – SOLD OUT!
- November 2, 2019, 10:30 Board Leadership Calgary 2019 – SOLD OUT!
- November 2, 2019, 08:30 Board Leadership Calgary 2019 – SOLD OUT!
- November 3, 2018, 10:30 Board Leadership Calgary 2018
- November 3, 2018, 08:30 Board Leadership Calgary 2018
- October 21, 2017, 12:45 Board Leadership Calgary 2017
- October 21, 2017, 10:30 Board Leadership Calgary 2017
- May 28, 2016, 14:00 Board Basics 2016
- May 28, 2016, 08:30 Board Basics 2016
- May 30, 2015, 14:00 Board Leadership Calgary 2015
- May 30, 2015, 08:30 Board Leadership Calgary 2015
- April 5, 2014, 09:15 Board Leadership Calgary 2014