This interactive workshop will provide an introduction to social enterprise. Explore what social enterprise is and it’s potential to diversify and expand funding for your nonprofit or community group. You will leave with an understanding of the most common mistakes people make when planning and implementing a social enterprise strategy and how to mitigate them. Finally, you will learn how to assess the readiness and suitability of social enterprise for your organization. Special Guest: Dan Overall from the Trico Foundation.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will:
- Understand what social enterprise is and what it can offer to non-profits, community organizations and grassroots groups (“pros” and potential of social enterprise)
- Discover the top mistakes that prevent social entrepreneurs from making the most of social enterprise (“cons” and possible pitfalls to look out for)
- Know what questions to ask in order to assess an organization’s suitability and readiness for social enterprise
- Receive a summary sheet with links to useful resources to learn more about planning, implementing and scaling social enterprise initiatives in Canada.
Click Here for the presentation by Danielle Carruthers
Click Here for the Handout from Danielle Carruthers
- Date:November 22, 2014
- Time:1:30 pm
- Event:Make Dollars Make Sense 2014